Spiritual Principles & Practices
The following five principles form the core teachings of the Agape Movement and its founder, Dr. Michael Bernard Beckwith. Reflecting the perennial wisdom of the ages, these principles are found at the heart of the world’s spiritual traditions. When embodied and integrated into our daily spiritual practice, they are a pathway to self-realization, a conscious state of oneness with Spirit.
- God is Good, therefore Life is Good. Absolute goodness is the substance, the source and the supply of all existence. This aspect of the Godhead is always in integrity with itself, which means that it cannot contradict its own laws, nature, and relationship to its creation.
- God is omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent and omniactive. All Existence is the manifest form and activity of Spirit. -This Presence is equally present in all space, time, places and in all persons, as well as beyond time, space, and manifest creation. Ours is a holographic Universe in which every part—that which is seen and that which is unseen—is an emanation of the unmanifest whole.
- Every person is an individualized expression of God. Every person is made in the image and likeness of God and is capable of awakening to this realization and giving expression to the qualities of unconditional love, compassion, wisdom, bliss, peace and creativity.
- Every person is responsible for their own evolution. Every individual has been given the power of free choice and is therefore self-responsible for their evolution following a path suited to their individual state of evolving consciousness.
- The Universe, being infinite, is in a constant state of evolutionary expansion. We live in a non-static, ever-evolving Universe, which is the source of our individual evolutionary impulse and capacity to expand into our fullest potential.
‘Since I have been attending Soul Center I have more Joy & Love in my life and less fear & stress. There are wonderful connections with kind and joyful people. The entire experience has enriched my life.’
‘Soul Center is where I come to connect with the Divine and my Spiritual Community. I feel the true Agape spirit! Sunday is uplifting, filled with beautiful music, and a message delivered with Love. Sunday inspires you to see how magnificent you are. I am so enjoying the amazing speakers, and the fun activities at Soul Center.’
‘I am so grateful to have found an open, loving, and accepting Spiritual community dedicated to seeking the highest values in truth, love and peace.’
‘ My journey changed my life. I feel connected to a community that supports and
encourages me, as I evolve. I am forever grateful.’
6401 San Joaquin Hills Rd. @ Newport Coast Dr.
Newport Beach, CA 92657
Meditation promptly at 10AM
Service at 10:30 AM
Enlightened Kids opens at 9:50